Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Adventure

This weekend was one filled with great adventures. Sadly, on Saturday I was so sick to my stomach. We woke up realitivly early and I noticed I was feeling a little flu-ish. On our way out the door I took a swig of orange juice to wash down some cold medicine. Que me feeling like death. We got to Ihop, and I had to run into the restaurant and use the bathroom. If you get a quesy stomach easily, skip on to yhr next part. Now, I'm not one of vomit easily. I will try everything humanly possible to keep it in. No luck for me in the bathroom and we left Ihop and headed home. Thank goodness for Hubby and his plastic bags because I lost my cookies in the car! Yuck! But he brought me home and I took some anti-vomiting medicine I had from when I was very sick a while back. I was down for the count the rest of the day. That stuff knocked me out! And I wasted away a good day in bed.

Thankfully, I woke up today feeling rejuvenated! I was ready to take on the world. And I feel like we did. We loaded up ou new kayaks and headed over to Land Betwen the Lakes, which is a huge camping, fishing, hiking and adventure zone of a national park. It's pretty cool. We also picked up a Backwoods Camping Pass that let's up just go out anywhere at LBL and set up camp. Pretty neat. We evntually found a spot to ship out.





I've never kayaked before and Hubby has been begging to get one for almost 9 months now. I finally gave in and I even got a pink one out of the deal. I was so nervous. I don't like the idea of floating on top of dark water and not knowing how deep it is or what creatures are hiding beneath it. I also keep playing in my head me capsizing. Yikes. But I got in, Hubby pushed me out and I did it! I actually kayaked. And dare I say, I enjoyed it!! Next time we are definitely bringing our fishing gear and some lunch. My poor arms tired quickly but I think with practice I will he ready in no time or a day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment