Sunday, May 22, 2011

Buying Local

Saturday was opening day at the Farmers Market here in town. I never got a chance to go last year for one reason or another but this year I became determined. In fact, I'm hoping to go every Saturday, especially since I've newly discovered my love for local products. I guess our Farmers Market was rated #1 in Tennessee and #6 in the nation. Pretty awesome! I've been on the search for raw local honey and that was my main goal of our trip. There wasn't too many produce booths yet since it's so early in the season but I accomplished my honey mission and then some.

 
Not only did I get local raw honey but a lovely lady who was selling fried pies(they were sold out when we got there) was also selling sweet cream butter with raw honey. Holy moly batman. It's heaven. Hubby and I tasted it when we got home and I could have eaten it straight out of the mason jar with a spoon! We slapped it on some cinnamon raisin bread and it's delicious. We've eaten half a loaf already with this stuff. Yum. I'm also hoping that taking the raw honey everyday will lessen my allergies. Hubby and I are going to try this so cross your fingers that it works and I'm not miserable all Summer.

We also went to the flea market here for the first time. There was A LOT of people, however they were selling a lot of junk, too. We did make it out with a beautiful silk dress and two prints of Native Americans that were beautiful, framed in rustic wood. I can't wait to hang them in our living room and will snap a picture of them when we do. We still want to paint before we hang anything up. Did anyone else find anything good this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment