Tuesday, May 24, 2011

That Pee Stick Thing!

"Have you peed your pee stick thing yet?" These are words that are heard often around my house. I don't often talk about trying to create our little monster to more than a few select people, but I feel like many others may be able to relate to what I'm going through. Hubby and I have been doing the baby thing for almost a year and a half now. It's not that long for some but for me personally, it's a lifetime when you are dead set in what you want. Both of us have our eyes set on the final product - our little monster. We were blessed last October, but unfortunately God called that that little bean up early and I miscarried at around five weeks.  We're taking it one day at a time and just continuing to half faith that God has something big in store for us. We just have to be patient waiting for him to decide when the time is right.

In the midst of all this trying, I'm using OPK's to know when I'm ovulating. If you have no clue what that means it's a little stick you pee on and if the first line is as dark as the control line, your magical lady bits produce an egg in 24-48 hours. I get to pee on this lovely stick twice a day, just to make sure I don't miss it! So the other day when Hubby shouted "Have you peed on your pee stick thing yet??" I could help but giggle! Sometimes I take things way too seriously, but he makes me lighten up about them, which I need!

Sometimes I have people ask me how I do my job everyday when I've been trying to have a baby myself. In case you didn't know, I've worked in an infant room at a preschool for almost a year and a half now. I did Kindergarten and school age for four years so being with the infants is a completely different experience. My question to them is always - How could I not love my job? I love my babies! And why not work with them when I have so much love to give. I couldn't be happier when I find out people I know and love are pregnant. Sometimes it stings to know that it's not me, but a baby is a gift, and I can't be jealous of that. I know one day my time will come and when it does, I want people to share the same joy and excitement with me as I have for them.

I want people to follow our journey because it's a different and sometimes difficult one. But why not be there to enjoy(or hate) the ride with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment