Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! I hope it's a happy one for you and not a day of sorrow, but of celebration of life. Before I married Hubby, Memorial Day was just an excuse to have an extra day off and BBQ like crazy. Now it's more to me than that. Hubby is a soldier and has served several deployments. He's my little hero. I have not known anyone personally who has given there life in this war, but Hubby has seen it first hand. He's had friends make the ultimate sacrifice, and although I don't know them or their families and may never speak to them, I want them to know that my love goes out to you. Hubby is the best man I know, and not because he's a soldier, but he's my husband. He works hard, does his best, and loves me(and all my craziness) more and more everyday. I knew what I was getting into when we got married, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my soldier, but I am thankful for the sacrifices others have mad, past and present, for us to be where we are today.

 

If you know someone who has served or maybe you have served yourself, please don't forget to take the time to say thank you. It shouldn't take a national holiday, but sometimes it does. I appreciate everything the military has done and the lives that were taken. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Just read this, thank your hubby for serving our country. My Dad was in the Air Force for 27 years and my Hubby was in for 20 years. The military men and women are my heros!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete