Monday, April 25, 2011

My New Toys


Isn't it beautiful? It's the brand new color, raspberry, KitchenAid mixer. I've been drooling over a KitchenAid for years and Hubby knows it. But since we've been married, I've had to settle with my $15 rinky-dink hand mixer. For what it's worth, it's done the job well. I've been able to whip up multiple batches of cookies, muffins, cupcakes, frostings, mashed taters, etc. But this, my friends. This is the do-it-all of kitchen appliances. I've been snooping around and I also can not wait to purchase to pasta and ice cream maker. Yummy! How awesome would that be? I'm sure you're all dying to know the very first thing I made with this bad boy. Well, it was mashed potatoes. Simple, but it was awesome!

I'm especially excited to make my own breads. This is the next thing on my list. I have a few recipes from out of the book it came with, but do any of you make your own bread? And if so, mind to share the recipe? I already have about eighteen packets of yeast ready to go. I came prepared! I still have about a week and half half to start trying things because Hubby left to go to the field all week and then this weekend is Memphis in May. And I'm not eating up all the yummy fresh bread and cookies by myself. I need my partner in crime.



Another new thing I just bought is this Hard Candy Last Stain. I didn't read any reviews about it before I bought this on a whim, but it claims "Mascara that won’t quit until you do. Flatter your flutter for 4 days straight! Hard Candy four day lash stain defies the elements. Paint Lash Ink on and don’t reapply for up to 4 days. Shower, go in the pool, cry, rub your eyes, or get rained on – your lashes will stay flawless no matter the circumstances! Perfect for a weekend away or partying all night long." Well this sounds perfect for me. I've tried many waterproof mascara's and every time it either gets way too clumpy or it makes my eyes severely itchy. I have extreme allergies and well, I rub my eyes even when I shouldn't. I also don't always take my makeup off every night (tsk tsk I know). So today is day one of this four day trial and I love it so far. Not too clumpy like a mascara but just enough tint that you can tell my eyelashes are still there, eliminating that creepy, I-just-rolled-out-of-bed look I sometimes get. Ew!

No comments:

Post a Comment