Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Busy Beads & Moore Review

I've recently been inspired to start wearing jewelry and I've been on the lookout for those perfect pieces. I've already been drooling over tons of cute mod pieces on Etsy and I'm just waiting for the perfect moment to pounce on them. I already have a charm bracelet that's not too well endowed with two lonely charms on them. Then I started to look at different stones and their meanings. A lot of people say that certain stones have certain aspects that can be "absorbed" or their qualities will merge into yours. I thought about this a while and it makes sense to me. I know a few people who swear by Amber necklaces for their little ones when it comes to teething and I've seen it in action. It really does work! So why can't other stones be the same way?

After I decided on a rough collection of stones I started to browse Etsy and see what I could find. I found a lot that I feel in love with but then the big decisions came. What's my wrist size? Will I like it when it's on? Do I want elastic? Do I want a clasp? Will it look like the picture? So many questions! Then I remember...we have a bead store about five minutes from my work. I could run in on my lunch break and see what they have and maybe I could attempt to make my own bracelet!

So that's what I did. I get a hour and a half for my lunch break and zipped over to Busy Beads & Moore. I went in knowing only the names of the stones I was supposed to look for. I came out with a beautiful, one-of-a-kind bracelet that I made! Everyone there was really helpful. As soon as I walked in the ladies who were busy crafting at the table in the center of the store can and asked me if I needed any help. I must of had that hopeless look on my face because I shouted, "Yes! I've never done this before!" And before I knew it I was being whisked away, picking out the beads I wanted, and sat at a table to create my bracelet. "But I don't know what I'm doing!" They reassured me and sure enough. I did it.

This is the beautiful bracelet I made! During my research of stones, I learned to not only choose stones that you admire because of their qualities, but picking stones that call to you can also be helpful. They two stones I choose for their qualities were Rose Quartz(the light pink/white ones) and Aventurine(the green ones). Rose quartz, also known as the “stone of love”,  believed to promote positive energy and confidence, while easing fears and promoting health. Green aventurine is associated with the the birth cycle of life. It is said to have a stabilizing and calming effect that promotes emotional tranquility.I chose the hot pink stones, that I have no clue what they are, and the orange spaces because I love, love, love some hot pink and bright orange. 


My overall experience at Busy Beads & Moore was fantastic. I loved my bracelet I made and especially loved the customer service. They are military friendly & I received a discount. Yay! I also have enough beads to make one or two more bracelets or even a set of earrings! I would recommend stopping by if you're in the area or checking out their facebook or website to show support.

No comments:

Post a Comment