Monday, April 18, 2011

The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2011


Yes you read right. I've decided. Baby or no baby -- I'm going to be a part of this. A lot of my friends and family don't know is that we've made the choice to cloth diaper our baby whenever that little bean wants to decide to be more than just a thought! Not only is it going to save us loads of money, it's also much more "greener." I started my cloth diaper journey by just being envious of my friends who cloth diaper. I mean, how could you not? They're brightly colored, fun patterned pieces of cloth! Way better than yucky plastic that stinks up landfills for years to come. And when I started looking into cloth diapering more, I had an epiphany. I could make those. Why yes, I could make those. I've already started my journey into making my own cloth diapers and covers - But that is for another blog, another time. This blog is for me to share with you this wonderful event and how YOU could even take part in it. There's still time!

What is happening and why is this so important?  Cloth diapers have come a long way in past 10 years, and it’s time to stand up and be noticed. Celebrate Earth Day, by joining the North American and International cloth diaper community on April 23rd, 2011 at 9AM PDT to set the world record for the most cloth diapers changed simultaneously. This world record attempt is a great way to show the world how many people are already choosing and using reusable cloth diapers successfully.

Okay, so what? You crazy cloth diaper people want to do it, just do it! Yes, but why aren't you? Here's some info you might not have known about cloth diapers. Reusable cloth diapers have many benefits, including:
  • Environmental: Cloth diapers reduce waste for families with children in diapers by more than 50%.
  • Financial: Cloth diapers allow families to save more than $2000 per child.
  • Health: Cloth diapers help parents reduce exposure of their babies’ skin and lungs to the chemicals in disposable diapers.
  • Cute and comfortable: Parents love putting soft cloth diapers, available in a variety of styles and patterns, on their babies.
  • Convenient: Once you’ve purchased your stash, no more weekly trips to the store to purchase more – simply put a load in the laundry!
I'm going to be a part of this wonderful event at Butzie Covers in Clarksville, TN. If you want to find a location close to you visit the location finder. If you want to learn more about how cloth diapers could benefit you, please visit  Real Diaper Association's Fact Sheet.


I'd like to thank http://greatclothdiaperchange.com/ for provided this information to put towards the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment