Monday, June 13, 2011

My 2011 Reading List & Goal

I've always been a reader. When I was younger, I loved reading through my National Geographic Animal Encyclopedias and pretend I knew exactly what they were talking about. I didn't, but I learned a lot of new words and animal descriptions. As a young teenager, I loved fantasy adventures - anything that was make believe and I could travel there in my head and follow along with the characters. I swore I was there! Now as a young adult, I find myself drawn to more of the Dystopia genre. For those who don't know what in the word that is, it's more Science Fiction/New Age. A lot of books take place in the future and are the stories of creating a new world and society. I try not to read only this genre, but it's hard. I'm going to try and balance them out with some of the classics, since I never really got into those either.

I'm going to be updating this post as I go. I'll also be including some reviews of my favorite books in different posts! If you have any suggestions of books - any genre! - I will gladly consider them.

For 2011, I have created a reading goal. I decided that a pages goal is better than a book number goal.
This years goal is 10,000 pages.

{277} My Sisters Keeper by Bill Benners
{504} Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
{566} New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
{632} Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
{758} Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
{176} Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy
{337} Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
{249} The World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer
{331} The Dead and The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
{321} Room by Emma Donoghue
{267}The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
{398} Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
{391} Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
{497} The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
{603} Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
{520} The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
{163} Heaven if for Real by Todd Burpo
{336} Unwind by Neal Shusterman
{194} How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
{272} The Awakening by LJ Smith
{256} The Struggle by LJ Smith
{443} The Help by Kathryn Stockett
{362} Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury
{273} A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
{422} Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
{403} Barefoot: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand
{228} The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Hadden
  

TOTAL:  9879 

No comments:

Post a Comment