Sunday, June 12, 2011

Melting Away

I'm finally beginning to feel better. Not too many more stomach problems and the sore throat and ear aches have disappeared, too. Maybe it was just allergies. Just in time for this blistering hot weather to show up. Now, I hate having to run my air conditioning. If it were only me in the house, the dogs and I would be sweating it out with all the windows open. Hubby loves the AC, but hates the bill. But this past week even I am cranking the AC up. It's miserable just to walk to the car into the house. YUCK. Thankfully, I spend most of my day in an air conditioned classroom or else I may melt away. In fact, sometimes I have to wear long sleeves in the summer because it gets that cold in our room. I love it.

This week at work we had our annual carnival. It's mostly for the older kids to enjoy, but there's two bounce houses, a slip n slide, lots of water play toys, popcorn, and snow cones.We got to take the infants in the stroller to watch the fun and excitement but it was also fun to see some of my infant graduate be big kids and play around outside. We survived about an hour outside before we had to retire back to the ice box.

Hubby had had to work all weekend, nights again. Friday night he called me and told me he thought he broke his finger, but didn't remember doing anything to it. I was half asleep and just thought maybe he jammed it. Then he sent me a picture of it. OW! It was swollen, bright red and pale white in places. It looked like he had hit it repeatedly with a hammer. So, they sent him to the emergency room. A few hours later he called back. He got bit my a Brown Recluse! WHAT? My poor Hubby. They had to poke and prod him but now he's better and his finger has returned to normal color and size. And thank goodness I was half asleep or else I would have panicked more!


We did go to the Farmers Market yesterday. It was so hot that we rushed through it and forgot some things. I really wanted to get some eggs, but I forgot! Boo. We did get some amazing new butter from the same lady. This time it's strawberry honey butter. AHH. It's like putting sweet butter and homemade strawberry jam on things. YUM. This lady works butter miracles. We're also going to order some local beef that is 100% grass fed. I can't wait to see how that comes about and also how it tastes.

Today, I am just laying around the house. I did some cleaning and organizing, but I'm feeling so lazy. I do know that I'm going to try and post at least every other day this week. I love my blog and love my readers! And I know when I get to 100 followers, I have an awesome giveaway planned.

Go check out some awesome blogs today!

No comments:

Post a Comment