Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sucked me in Sunday #1

So, I've been throwing this idea around for a week or so, but first, I have to admit a problem to you.

Hi. My name is Sarah and I'm a YouTube addict.

Okay, glad we got that over with. But seriously, I love YouTube. It sucks me in. I go on to watch one video and then I'm lead to another fantastic video, and then another weird video, and then some more and before I know it, I've spent three hours watching YouTube videos. It sucks me in, hence the name of this post. 
Now, I can't complain too much because YouTube really is an awesome social media platform. Much like the Indie community in books, there's one with music on YouTube. It's huge and there's so, so, so much talent on there as well. I love covers. My husband is not a fan, but I am. Sometimes, I even love them more than the original songs. I also love string instruments and A Capella singing (even before Pitch Perfect was cool.). I love slam poetry. I love cute proposal videos. I love little kids saying cute things. I love watching home births(I won't subject you all to that, don't worry). I love watching tutorials and daily vlogs. I honestly thing YouTube was made to keep me happy, and this is okay, because we don't have cable. So, content scoping out new and talented Indie artist!

That's why every Sunday I want to do a Sucked me in Sunday. I'll post one(but sometimes maybe two or three) videos I have found for the week that I think are super awesome. You don't have to watch them, but you may miss out on something totally spectacular!

So without further ado, here's this weeks videos! 

I have followed Lindsey Stirling for a whole. Like I said, I'm a sucker for string instruments. It's something that just warms my heart when they are played. Missionary work is also something I would love to do but have just never got the opportunity to. I know Lindsey didn't go on a missionary trip, but seeing the joy her music brought to so many people was just as amazing in my mind. So check out her cover of We Found Love. I love that she changed "we found love in an hopeless place" to "we found love in a whole new place." No place is hopeless, because where there's life, there's hope. Enjoy!


If you found any fun videos this week, or want to share your favorites, feel free to share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment