Thursday, January 3, 2013

Musings with Mom - Inescapable by Amy Bartol

Everybody, meet my mom, Patti . Mom, meet everybody! I am one of those lucky people in the world. You know, where your mom is one of your best friends.Yeah, that's my mom. We've been through our fair share of difficult times, but one thing is for sure, she's always there to cheer me on from the sidelines and it's something I truly cherish. And this time is no different.

Mom got to play around with my Kindle when I went home to visit in November and pretty much decided she had to have one. So we picked out the Kindle Fire HD. So naturally, I had to give her book suggestions to read. She kind of already knew which ones she wanted to since on Facebook, I pretty much gush about every new book I read.

I got her reading Inescapable by Amy Bartol, first. She would send me text messages along the way while she was reading. It was so much fun to be able to share this passionate part of me, reading. Then I had a brilliant idea when we started talking about the book. I should record it and include her in this here blog! Well lucky her, she gets her very own little section on here now. I'm not sure whether she knew I was recording her or not. If you don't hear from me in a few days, she didn't know and she killed me! Just kidding! She'll probably just yell at me later. Just kidding again. Kind of.

Want to know what my mom and I thought of Inescapable? We start off talking about the where she left off after we talked last. What did she think of the ending? Who were her favorite characters? Is she Team Reed or Team Russell? (Just and FYI, she calls Russell a country bumpkin!!) She even gets crafty and turns the tables on me and starts asking me questions!

WARNING. CONTAINS SPOILERS.


CHECK OUT AMY BARTOL!



2 comments:

  1. How do I describe this? Listening to this was like being a fly on the wall in the employee break room at a fly swatter factory. I was afraid that I would be killed at any moment, but the crumbs were so exquisite that I had to hang around. Thank you for this treat. I loved it. You're both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome description! I appreciate all those kind words! It's fun to do something like this! I hope it wasn't a complete train wreck as we really enjoying doing it!

    ReplyDelete