Thursday, January 17, 2013

IPSY BAG January Edition

I'd like to tell you all that I "really wasn't a make-up person." But then, that would mean I wasn't being honest with you all, and let's face it, I really try to be. Let's just say, I'm not as big of a make-up person as I was when I was in younger(gosh am I really that old?). However, I still love make-up. I normally only wear some foundation, blush, and mascara for my everyday wear. I really, really, really wish I could be one of the lucky ones and wear just a tinted moisturizer and call it a day, but I can't. My hormones hate me and it plagues my face wtih...dun, dun, dun....horrible acne. Well, not horrible all the time, but most of the time. I have good days. But my face problems is a whole different post.

The point was that I still love trying new things and new make-up. When I'm going somewhere or have a few extra minutes in the morning, I'll throw on some eyeshadow. But most mornings, I'll take ten extra minutes to sleep over some colored eyelids.

I discovered Ipsy from some friends a few months ago. I think this is my third or fourth bag. I love them. The best part is the price. It's a $10 monthly subscription. TEN DOLLARS PEOPLE! Each month you get a make-up bag, and five to six items(most of them are full size, too! No stingy samples!). This is most comparable to Birchbox, who although I've never been a subscriber, I stalk intagram for comparison shots each month and, to be honest, I've never been impressed. Go with with Ipsy! They're awesome!


I get so excited every month when this amazingly awesome bright pink package shows up in my mailbox. I may or may not stalk the mess out of the tracking number they send out. (Oh, I promise you I'm not smelling this bag, even though it looks like it. So much for being coy, right? Be sure to say hi to Cupcake in the background, that little nugget.) Want to see what came inside my bag for this month?


THIS MONTHS BAG

PACIFICA TUSCAN BLOOD ORANGE MINI BODY BUTTER -2.5 OZ
 The infusion of sparkling, juicy blood oranges that are highlighted with notes of red raspberry and spicy sweet Italian Mandarins take you to the beaches of the Mediterranean. Made with nature’s best moisturizers - Shea butter, almond oil and safflower oil - Pacifica’s vegan, paraben and gluten free Body Butter is a skin must have.

SEXY HAIR SPRAY & PLAY VOLUMINIZING HAIRSPRAY - 1.5 OZ
Your everyday spray for BIG volume! Spray & Play is a humidity resistant, flexible hold hairspray that provides fullness, lift and incredible shine! Perfect for all hair types. 

NAILTINI STRAIGHT UP COLOR NAIL LACQUER IN BLOODY MARY 

JOSIE MARAN 100% PURE ARGAN OIL - .17OZ
This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. It can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is known to help with skin conditions including acne, eczema and rosacea. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties.

SOHO GET A GRIP CONCEALER BRUSH
Cover up little flaws and dark circles using the Get a Grip Concealer Brush. Start with the inner eye area, working down around the eye, dabbing lightly until completely blended.

WHAT I THOUGHT

The item I was most excited for was the Pacifica lotion. I love the smell of oranges/citrus so I knew I would probably love this item. And I was right. It's delicious. It's like summer in a bottle. I tried some on my hands and it left them really soft. There was no greasy residue.

I also painted one nail to test out my Nailtini color. I got this brand in a previous bag, but it was a glitter, not a regular color. I'm VERY impressed. It dried right away, within a minutes. And not just kind of dry make sure you don't touch anything too hard dry. It was push your fingernail into the new polish and no mark left behind dry. I can't wait to see how it lasts. I'm awful with keeping nail polish on for more than a few days.

I've never used argan oil before, but apparently my mom was pretty excited for this! I'm going to take a shower after this and try it out in my hair. All the bleach sucked a good portion of my hairs healthiness out, so cheers to argan oil! 

I'm a fan of Big Sexy Hair to begin with, so I'll be trying out this hairspray tomorrow. I don't really use any hair products except a heat protectant for when I straighten my kinks, but when I do actually make my hair into something other than a ponytail, I get some rouge hairs that need tamed! 

As for the concealer brush, I'm going to try and trade it for an eyeshadow brush, since they sent out three different kinds of brushes. I already have an awesome concealer brush from Sephora, so I'm not switching it up anytime soon. 

2 comments:

  1. You can! You just trade with other people who got the bag. Mail it with a DC and hope for the best. I've done is twice no with no problems. :)

    ReplyDelete