Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Year in Review

Well since I missed a whole year of blogging, here's a run down on my 2012 year!

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before? I ran a mile without stopping to walk! That's big for me, folks.
 
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made three New Years Resolutions last year. To run in another race, to grow my hair out to its natural color, and to read 10,000 pages. I completed two of those, which is pretty good! I didn't get to run in another race. I trained for a half marathon during the Summer, and the heat and my allergies just killed my asthma and I had to stop training. But I did get up to running 5-6 miles at a time. I grew my hair out all the way to my natural color, but just recently bleached it back blonde again. I missed it! And I also blew past my reading goal. But that's a whole different story.

 3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, a few friends of mine did.
 
 4. Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately, yes. Both my grandparents past away this year, within weeks of each other.

5. What countries did you visit? None! Sadly.
 
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Some more of my husband! He's been gone for eight months out of this year. I miss him!
 
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None? Well, not true really. I wouldn't say specific dates, but more events. Hunger Games came out in the beginning of the year and I was super amped for that! I also got to fly home to San Diego and see my mom for the first time in three years. It was great to spend a week and a half with her and hang out.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My reading! I just kept reading....and reading....and reading....

9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to run that darn marathon. Killed me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just my regular asthma and allergies.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My Kindle Fire. Does that make me a huge super nerd?

12. Where did most of your money go? Bills and books. Story of my life!

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going home to see my mom. I missed her so much! I also go to spend some time with old friends and meet my friends kids that have been born since I've been gone.

14. What song will always remind you of 2012? Oh Gosh...Some Nights by Fun, maybe??

15. What do you wish you'd done more of? Going out and adventuring.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinating.

17. Did you fall in love? I've been in love for over 4 years!

18. What was your favorite TV program? Well, I got rid of cable this year. So I've been watching a mix of old and new shows. I watched all of Lost. I also started falling in love with New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, Parenthood, Glee, and of course The Vampire Diaries.

19. What was the best book you read? That's for a whole 'nother post!

20. What was your greatest musical discovery? YOUTUBE! No seriously. I fell in love with a ton of Indie artists, especially Jake Coco.

21. What was your favorite film of this year? UGH. Again? Very favorite? How about a favorite few? I love The Hunger Games and Pitch Perfect.

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned twenty-four and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden with my husband and a few friends. My best friends daughters birthday is the day before mine, so we celebrated together!

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Knowing that if I get through this year, my husband would be home!

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?  Comfortable with a little bit of spunk.

25. What kept you sane? My friends who helped keep me busy while hubby was gone and my Kindle.

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Oh Gosh! Zooey Deschanel, for sure.

27. What political issue stirred you the most? Well, it was an election year, so there was a lot to get excited about, but I think the one thing that ruffled my feathers was woman's rights.
 
28. Who was the best new person you met? All the awesome internet friends I met from various groups. Yall rock!   

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Fight for what's worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment